Wednesday 28 May 2014

Pathology result & what's next

28/05/14
Dear friends,
Well as the surgeon said: of course it's complicated. Why 'of course'?  That's because complications & difficulties always seem to happen to patients who are Drs!
It's complicated because although the tumor on the L was relatively small (10mm) and low grade malignancy (grade1), there were 2 of the 7 lymph nodes removed that had microscopic cancer. The nodes on the R side were clear.
So what's next?
The result means I will return to surgery next Wednesday to have the remaining lymph nodes in the L axilla removed and examined for cancer. The result will determine further treatment.

Thankfully God is in charge not me. If it was me I'd do things differently which obviously wouldn't be what's best for me & those around me. I have been reminded of Proverbs 3:5-6 today & frequently through this ordeal so far: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." In my understanding (& the surgeons) this makes little sense but God  knows what's going on, the way forward and His purposes in all of this.

Thank you all for your continuing care, concern and especially your prayers for us all.
Love Jill


4 comments:

  1. Thanks Jill,
    We're praying for you and the family every day.
    You're right ... God is so good to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill thanks for the update, sorry to hear its more surgery and lovely to hear that you know God is in control. I too love those verses in Proverbs 3:5-6 Simone

    ReplyDelete
  3. just prayed for you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best for tomorrow Love and prayers R, A, & K

    ReplyDelete