Wednesday 11 June 2014

A wonderful blessing

11/06
Dear all,
We saw the surgeon today and received the great news that all of the lymph nodes removed at the last surgery were free of cancer -a wonderful blessing. This will certainly make a difference to the options I am given for further treatment. So the next step is Monday when I see the oncologist and we discuss the various options. The other good news is that the oncologists have just returned from an international conference at which some research papers were presented with findings very relevant to my situation with regard to further treatment so I'm happy with that!
I had to have more fluid drained from both wounds which I have had to have done repeatedly since the initial surgery so am feeling a lot more comfortable today than yesterday. That will eventually settle but in my case it's not settling quickly. I am learning to be content in all circumstances! It is a blessing having enforced rest & so time to read.
Please pray for wise decision making regarding further treatment as it is likely there will be options not just one definite way forward.
Love Jill
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22, 23 ESV)

1 comment:

  1. That is great news about the lymph nodes. Phil explained the importance of removing them and having them checked. A great answer to prayer. We will pray about the Monday meeting and the decisions to be made in the future.
    Colin and Allison

    ReplyDelete