Monday 7 July 2014

Recovery continues

7/7/14
Dear friends,
Recovery continues and in myself I feel back to normal apart from my L arm which has a way to go. I did manage to start back at the pool doing my laps twice last week which felt good. Tried not to overdo it - only did half of what I normally do and no freestyle yet so not very taxing aerobically!
No sign of menopausal symptoms yet - likely to come in the next month or so. The other hormonal treatment which I am due to start soon can cause osteoporosis so I had my bone mineral density done. Thankfully it came back above average even compared to a 30 year old (T scores of 1.4 (lumbar) & 0.3 (hip) for those who know what the numbers mean!) It will be important for me to do some weight-bearing exercise each day - finally the dog might get a walk each day!
Still awaiting the genetic test results - will let you know the results once we know.
Thankfully Mady's 18th went well - it was great having Sam down from Townsville & 2 of his army mates as our bouncers, and some lovely friends came to help us serve the food and keep an eye on proceedings but generally everyone behaved themselves which was a relief.
For those of you who have tried to reply to the blog online but have not been able to - apparently you need a gmail account to do so. Thank you for your emails & texts of support & encouragement.

Love Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment